Early voting ends TOMORROW, Nov 3! Find your county's early voting sites and schedules. People can register to vote during early voting, but NOT on Election Day, Nov 6. Use the link to find out what you need to take with you to register. NO PHOTO ID IS NEEDED TO VOTE! You must mark your ballot "AGAINST" each one of the six constitutional amendments. Take your family, friends, co-workers. Go out for brunch to celebrate!
Worth repeating: Saturday/tomorrow is the LAST day of early voting and the LAST chance to register and vote on the same day. People CANNOT register on Election Day.
There are still canvass, text- and phone-banking opportunities this weekend! There are people who really want to wait until Election Day to vote, it's not too late to reach them! Be sure they know where to go, you must vote at your precinct polling place on Election Day.
So how has early voting gone so far in NC?
- In Break the Majority targeted districts, registered Democrats have cast 35,000 more votes than registered Republicans.
- Absentee ballots - typically a GOP stronghold - are also in our favor. 45% of absentee ballot requests have come from registered Democrats, while only 24% have come from Republicans.
- In a blue moon election, NC is looking more like a presidential year than a traditional midterm election – which is good news for Democrats. When more people vote, Democrats do better. NC already exceeds 2014 early voting total.
- In the final days of the campaign, Democrats are refocusing on the two biggest issues of this election cycle: good public schools and affordable health care.
- North Carolinians deserve representatives who will put their best interests before partisan politics and special interests.
- Rural voters have been most impacted by the NCGA's changes to early voting for this election.
Here are sources for tracking the last early voting totals and demographics over the weekend:
- Civitas Institute
- Old North State Politics
- NC Board of Elections (they classify early voting as "absentee)
- Democracy NC summary as of Oct 29.
- On Twitter, check @oldnorthstpol and @gercohen for frequent updates.
Distract yourself for a few minutes this weekend by learning about early voting around the country - with a special call out to NC attempts at voter suppression, which is the REAL voter fraud. Read Longleaf Politics' top 9 things to watch in this election.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~ Maya Angelou
We will NOT be silent, we WILL VOTE!